Department of Geography
Year of Establishment : 1985
History of the Department
The Department of Geography was started in February 1985 in Sri Krishnadevaraya University with full financial aid by UGC with a view help the study of available natural resources, Biotic resources, Physical resources and Mineral resources of any region in India and with special reference to Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema Region. The students of M.Sc., M.Phil and Ph.D will be imparted knowledge of the resources, cartographic mapping and interpretation of topographic and remote sensing data. Geographers would useful to society to serve in Micro, Macro and regional planning, land use studies and in environmental programs. Of late, the students of Geography are carrying out resource evaluation studies using GIS techniques for micro watershed management, mandal level planning, district level planning, regional planning, state level planning and national level planning
Chairmen, BOS & Head of Department
|Prof. A. Krishna Kumari
||Prof. A. Krishna Kumari
Names and Designations of the faculty
Faculty currently holding other positions
|Prof. M. Sambasiva Rao
||Director, Directorate of Admissions
Courses offered :
a) M.Sc b) M.Phil c) Ph.D
Areas of Specialisation
Geomorphology, Hydrology, Agro-climatology, Agricultural Geography, Ecology and Environmental studies and Medical Geography
1. Geomorphology and evolution of East Cost with special reference to major deltals, ONGC, 1976-1980. R.1.5 Lakhs.
2. Problems and prospects in planning and development of land and water resources of Vaigai, Gundar and Vaippar river basins, Tamil Nadu, U.G.C., 1980-1983. Rs.5.00 Lakhs.
3. Planning and development of land and water resources of Madurai district, Tamil Nadu, M.K.U., 1982-84. Rs.0.5 Lakhs.
4. Morphological evolution, water balance and development of land, water and agricultural resources of Tambrapaini river basin, Tamil Nadu, U.G.C., 1984-86. Rs.2.5 Lakhs.
5. Water balance and development of water and agricultural resources of Tamil Nadu State, U.G.C., 1992-95. Rs. 3.00 Lakhs.
6. Eco-climatology, water balance, ecological balance, eco-restoration and eco-development of Nallamalai hills and its environs in Andhra Pradesh, India, M.O.E.F., 1994-97. Rs. 6.00 Lakhs.
7. Resource appraisal, optimum utilisation and conservation of land, water and mineral resources of Rayalaseema region using Remote Sensing data, ISRO, 1996-99.Rs.12.00 Lakhs.
8. Applied geomorphology, morphological evolution, water balance, cropping pattern and development of land and water resources of Pennar river basin, A.P., India, U.G.C., 1997-2000. Rs.3.5 Lakhs.